How Do I Become a Medicanna Member?
Becoming a member with Medicanna is easy! It only takes a few moments and once approved you will have access to all of the products at both of our dispensary locations and on our Medicanna Express online store.
To become a patient and member at MediCanna, all applicants must:
- Complete the MediCanna Membership Application Form
- Read and sign MediCanna Code of Conduct Form/Liability WaiverProduce a government issued photo ID
- Provide one of the following:
- Valid membership at another recognized Medicinal Cannabis Dispensary/ Compassionate Club
- Health Practitioner’s confirmation of condition, prescription or recommendation for cannabis
- Provide MMAR/MMPR authorization*
- Visit one of our two Medicanna locations and submit the form to our expert staff to get approved!
Please request your Health Practitioner to complete the MediCanna Health Practitioner Form or make an appointment to see MediCanna’s On-site Doctor.
*We accept MMAR licences that are valid (ATPs) on or after March 21st, 2014 (date of Allard Order used as a cut off for exemptions). All other MMAR licences require a practitioner’s statement.
Doctor's Referral Forms
To be able to purchase medical cannabis from Medicanna and Medicanna Express you will need to have a doctor's statement filled out and signed by a licensed medical doctor. This is to ensure that you will be able to benefit from medical cannabis and are not taking any medications that would interfere with the active ingredients in cannabis and cannabis products.
The Statement asks for two things:
- Confirmation of your diagnosis
- Recommendation for use of cannabis
If your practitioner does not recommend cannabis, they are asked for a reason why; legal, medical or other. Please note the following conditions require confirmation of diagnosis only, providing the Health Practitioner does not recommend against cannabis for medical reasons.